Payten’s payment facilitator company Paratika in Turkiye, published the financial data for November 2022, known as the Black Friday month, in comparison with the financial data for the same period of the previous year.
In November, which is known as the month of discounts, the campaigns of the competing e-commerce companies peaked again in 2022. Black Friday is seen as an online shopping festival for those who shop with advantageous discounts on e-commerce websites. According to Paratika, the online sales volume increased by 143% during the Black Friday period compared to the same period of the previous year.
Highlights for Turkiye:
- Online sales in November 2022 increased by 143% compared with the same period of 2021.
- Number of transactions in November 2022 grew by 66% compared with the same period of 2021.
- The average basket value increased by 46% reaching ₺946 (€ 48).
- Popular categories in 2022 based on sales volume were food and beverage, automotive, clothing and accessories, commercial equipment and insurance.
- Many online shoppers embraced flexible payment plans in November 2022. Payment in 9 installments increased 7.8 times from last year.
- Records were broken on last Friday of November, 25 November 2022, the biggest online shopping day, where online sales increased by 472% and the number of transactions by 55%.